Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 4th!

For the 4th of July we were just planning on staying here and going to the parade and see the fireworks in Idaho Falls. But then plans changed when my sister and her family moved to California. My sister had to get a "procedure" done so my parents went down there to be with her and her family. Prior to this my parents had gotten 4 tickets to go to the "Stadium of Fire". They were going to take Natalie and Madalyn (my nieces), because the Blue Man Group and Hannah Montana.....Miley Cyrus were going to perform. They LOVE her! So Kierston and I got to take the girls instead. It was so much fun.......Thanks mom and dad for that! It was probably one of the coolest things I have ever been to. And my first (if you can call it) Concert ever!!!

If you haven't ever been to one of these before, I would recommend it to everyone to go at least once!! Just make sure to leave 2+ hours to get there! I wont tell you all everything that happened, it would take way too long, and might get boring! I do have a ton of pictures so bare with me. Our camera is a good one, just not good enough to get good close up pictures of the Blue Man Group and Miley Cryus. You might have to click on the pictures to get a better view of it! Oh, on a side note, I heard Janelle Tingeys' sister sing the Anthem.....she is Ms. Utah, and she has a beautiful voice!



Madalyn, Kiers and Natalie before the BIG show!


We were all helping bringing the American Flag to the bottom

All of us saying the Pledge of Allegiance

I think that this is the picture of Janelle's sister singing, I'm not sure...sorry


Some of the troops gathering up the Flag




Girls running around

More of that, it was fun

They reenacted the Olympics in 7 min. They had every sport played there
You got the horses right there
Bicyclists



Then they had over 35 hundred dancers under the age 13 I believe dancing and using props. Natalie loved this because she is in all sorts of dance classes


Me and Natalie


Natalie doing what the Blue Man Group is telling the audience to do...I think they were teaching us the arm pump


The Blue Man Group



They were hitting drums with paint.....So Cool!

Me and Madalyn making "ugly" faces


Miley Cyrus


More of her


Keirston enjoying it all!




Natalie and Madalyn loving Miley!


Getting to the end of the show and getting ready for the fireworks!



Alright the fireworks lasted a long time. The girls were getting really tired and were about to fall asleep during it. They were so good......One might say tons better than the Idaho Falls show!!!



On our way out we found "Miley Cyrus' " limo. They got a picture of the awesome limo. They tried to look inside to see if they could see her, but no luck. It really isn't hers.......at least I am assuming that, but the girls didn't know that. The girls really thought it was a pretty limo.


It was so much fun. The girls absolutely loved it. Thanks again to Mom and Dad for letting Kiers and I take them. It was something that I will remember for ever!

1 comments:

Jake and Sydni Yoshioka said...

i can't believe that you were at the stadium of fire! i was just across the street at my aunts house! crazy! wish i could have seen you guys!